Establish the community guidelines & contract for discussion:
- Be fully present.
- Confidentiality – Respect our space and the honesty and openness of others by protecting identities; exercise trust and discretion.
- Speak from the "I" perspective. Speak only for yourself.
- Be self-responsible and self-challenging.
- Listen, listen, listen and process.
- Lean into discomfort. Don’t be afraid of saying something wrong.
- Experiment with new behaviors to expand your range of response.
- Agree to disagree – prolonged disagreement maybe counter-productive.
- Take risks, be raggedy, make some mistakes, then let go.
- Accept conflict and its resolution as a necessary catalyst for learning.
- Be comfortable with silence.
- Suspend judgment of yourself and others.
- Be crisp; say what's core.
- Create positive energy – remember to share openly and be supportive.